Now casting for November-December 2017
All performance spots are paid, plus you keep your tips and get a drink ticket. Call time is 8:30 PM, show at 9:30, and payout at 11:30. Curtain call at the end of the show is required. We expect our performers to behave professionally, and treat the production with respect. Please be sure you can commit fully to the production before submitting a pitch.
You MUST read the performer info page before applying!
Casting application is below the descriptions.
Casting closes around 4 weeks before the show.
Now casting for:
Cuddle up with us as we create pajama-clad performances!
We want to honor the trailblazers and legends in this all-POC show. Whether they’ve made an impact on history, pop culture, or even fiction, we want to see your heroes.
We will be lip syncing for our LIVES in an epic live battle!
Give us pride numbers of all kinds, colorful acts, or routines that express the joy of self expression.
Grab your bell bottoms and strap on your platforms and boogie on down with us!
Time to switch things up and get out of your comfort zone! If you do drag, try some burlesque. If you’re a slow, sensual dancer, shimmy the night away. Have you wanted to bring a different side out? Now’s your chance!
Hot under the collar or feeling super chill? This Tease has got you covered with fire- and ice-themed performances!
Submit your favorite number and be prepared to incorporate a surprise gift prop.
Here’s some additional info about our application form:
This is a very crucial aspect, as we don’t want to have multiple acts with the same song (unless it’s intentional). Please include all the songs you’re using, and the artists name as well.
- Videos are ideal!
- However, if you don’t have one, please describe your act. What kind of act is it? What’s the story? Is it based on an existing character or archetype? Will there be a reveal? What surprises are in there?
- If you are doing classic burlesque or traditional drag, a story isn’t necessary. Just indicate that this is your performance style, and describe your costumes and props.
- Everybody needs to be clear as to how their act fits theme they are submitting to (e.g. we expect fetish elements for a show with “fetish” in the description).
- You don’t need to have the costume completed, but we want to be able to imagine you in your act. What will your costume look like? It’s okay if you are considering more than one option.
- Reference photos are extremely helpful!
- Describe what kind of props (including humans) will be featured in your act. Are there any special considerations for set-up or clean-up?
- We do not allow liquid pours or baths.
- Our dress code is a big deal. Please be sure you’re clear about adhering to it when describing your costume (see performer info page for info)
You MUST read the performer info page before applying, and be prepared to uphold the show guidelines before and during your booking.
If you’re submitting multiple numbers please use a separate application form for each submission.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CASTING TAKES TIME!
PLEASE DO NOT PANIC IF YOU DON’T HEAR BACK RIGHT AWAY!