Now casting for Winter/Spring 2019!
All performance spots are paid, plus you keep your tips and get a drink ticket. Call time is 8:30 PM, show at 9:30, and payout at 11:30. Curtain call at the end of the show is required. We expect our performers to behave professionally and treat the production with respect. Please be sure you can commit fully to the production before submitting a pitch.
You MUST read the performer info page before applying!
Casting application is below the descriptions.
Casting closes around 3 weeks before the show.
February 12 – Love for Tease: a Kylee and Vivienne Roast
It’s Kylee O’Hara Fatale’s and Vivienne Vermuth’s birthdays, plus Valentine’s Day week so we’re gonna show our love by roasting them with drag and burlesque performances inspired by their repertoire.
February 19 – President’s Gay
Act out your presidential fanfiction or take a stand against the current state of politics. We want anything related to America and its leaders.
February 26 – JusTease League
Tease pays tribute to DC comics. They don’t necessarily have to be members of the Justice League, as all good heroes need villains to fight!
March 5 – TitTease: a High Femme Showcase
Fierce femmes unite! This show is for anybody who identifies as a femme or has an act that pays tribute to the feminine.
March 12 – Country vs. Emo
Bust out those guitars! We’re gonna find out which genre is angstier in this musical showdown.
March 19 – Turnabout Tease
Ever wanted to step into someone else’s shoes? This show is your opportunity, as we want you to imitate a fellow performer (with permission and in good humor). Acts MUST follow the original pitch, as we will be double checking with the person whose identity you’re assuming.
March 26 – Pussy Tease
We’re looking for all things feline. Meow!
April 2 – Lisa Frank
Bust out your neon colors and fantastical creatures. Let’s pay tribute to the whimsical brand that graced our school supplies.
April 9 – Disney After Dark
We’re exploring the naughty side of Disney characters and revealing which ones were queer all along. Bonus points if you can get the crowd to singalong!
April 16 – TOC Vol 9: Latinx Love
This all-POC show is dedicated to Latinx performers. Drag, burlesque, sideshow, music– todos aceptados!
April 23 – Return of SaboTease
The show where anything can be thrown your way is back! Send us an act you will like to perform, and we will supply the prop that you must incorporate in the middle of your number.
April 30 – Going Nuts: a Comedy Show and Squirrel Roast
Who wants some roasted Tasseled Squirrel? If you’ve got a number inspired by her, we wanna see it. We will also accept comedic acts that make her wanna ROFL.
Here’s some additional info about our application form:
This is a very crucial aspect, as we don’t want to have multiple acts with the same song (unless it’s intentional). Please include all the songs you’re using, and the artists name as well.
- Videos are ideal!
- However, if you don’t have one, please describe your act. What kind of act is it? What’s the story? Is it based on an existing character or archetype? Will there be a reveal? What surprises are in there?
- If you are doing classic burlesque or traditional drag, a story isn’t necessary. Just indicate that this is your performance style, and describe your costumes and props.
- Everybody needs to be clear as to how their act fits theme they are submitting to (e.g. we expect fetish elements for a show with “fetish” in the description).
- You don’t need to have the costume completed, but we want to be able to imagine you in your act. What will your costume look like? It’s okay if you are considering more than one option.
- Reference photos are extremely helpful!
- Describe what kind of props (including humans) will be featured in your act. Are there any special considerations for set-up or clean-up?
- We do NOT allow baths or glitter pours. There is a cleaning fee for acts involving sploshing or fake blood.
- Our dress code is a BIG DEAL. Please be sure you’re clear about adhering to it when describing your costume (see performer info page for the rules). Non-compliance will result in a pay deduction and suspension.
You MUST read the performer info page before applying, and be prepared to uphold the show guidelines before and during your booking.
If you’re submitting multiple numbers please use a separate application form for each submission.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CASTING TAKES TIME!
PLEASE DO NOT PANIC IF YOU DON’T HEAR BACK RIGHT AWAY!