Now casting for Winter/Spring 2020
All performance spots are paid, plus you keep your tips and get a drink ticket. Call time is 8:30 PM, show at 9:30, and payout at 11:30. Curtain call at the end of the show is required. We expect our performers to behave professionally and treat the production with respect. Please be sure you can commit fully to the production before submitting a pitch.
You MUST read the performer info page before applying!
Casting application is below the descriptions.
Casting closes around 3 weeks before the show.
February 11 – Tease with Benefits: an Aromantic Evening
We’re celebrating Aromantic Awareness Week and offering an alternative to Valentine’s Day by showcasing examples of non-romantic love. Pay tribute to one-night stands, friends (with or without benefits), family, and that good ol’ self-love. Individuals on the aromantic spectrum are highly encouraged to apply!
February 18 – Boy Bands vs. Girl Groups
It’s a pop battle for the ages! Backstreet Boys vs. Spice Girls, One Direction vs. Pussycat Dolls, New Kids on the Block vs. Destiny’s Child. Throw in some K-pop and dynamic duos too!
February 25 – Tease of Color Vol. 11
Calling all performers of color! This is an open theme so show us your best numbers.
March 3 – Femme
This show is celebrating femmes. If you consider yourself one, send us an act that embodies what being a “femme” is all about.
March 10 – RoboTease
According to Blade Runner, there should be Replicants among us so we’re bringing you a show dedicated to robots, androids, cyborgs, and even present-day electronic devices. The future is now!
March 17 – Top Shelf Tease
We’re pouring one out for St. Patrick’s Day with a show celebrating all sorts of drinks. Please note that liquid pours and baths are NOT allowed.
March 24 – Fat Bottom Tease
If you missed our first plus-sized performer showcase, you have a second chance to show off your body and your moves.
March 31 – Tease of Pride: Trans Showcase
This show is for performers who identify as transgender.
April 7 – 4/2020
For this show, you can choose to focus on the 4/20, the 20/20, or 2020 aspect. Pay homage to the devil’s lettuce, show us a clear vision of your future, or bring to life the things that movies promise us (hoverboards anyone?).
April 14 – Pastel Tease
We want Sue’s to look like a giant Easter basket so gives us acts with pastel-colored costumes.
April 21 – Dark Queers
Time to cleanse ourselves of the pastel and celebrate all things goth in anticipation for the Nocturnal Tease Burlesque Festival. We want numbers set to goth music or with a gothic aesthetic.
April 28 – Tease of Pride: Lesbian Love
This Tease is all about lady-lovin’! We want performers who identify as lesbian and acts that celebrate sapphic love.
May 5 – Latinx Tease
Calling all Latinx performers!
May 12 – Rebel Against the Binary
This time, our nonbinary showcase is all about punk rock and rebellion. Give us your angriest, loudest acts to show that you’re a proud enby who won’t back down!
May 19 – Queer Politics
Let’s relieve some election year stress by combining sex, humor, politics, and yes, anger (Stonewall was a riot after all). We want routines that address current events and issues, as well as political impersonations.
May 26 – Disney with a Twist
We’re turning your favorite Disney movies on its head by switching genders, making the good guys bad (and vice versa), and turning some animals into humans. Got an Elsa with fire powers or a racebent Ariel? We wanna see them!
Here’s some additional info about our application form:
This is a very crucial aspect, as we don’t want to have multiple acts with the same song (unless it’s intentional). Please include all the songs you’re using, and the artists name as well.
- Videos are ideal!
- However, if you don’t have one, please describe your act. What kind of act is it? What’s the story? Is it based on an existing character or archetype? Will there be a reveal? What surprises are in there?
- If you are doing classic burlesque or traditional drag, a story isn’t necessary. Just indicate that this is your performance style, and describe your costumes and props.
- Everybody needs to be clear as to how their act fits theme they are submitting to (e.g. we expect fetish elements for a show with “fetish” in the description).
- You don’t need to have the costume completed, but we want to be able to imagine you in your act. What will your costume look like? It’s okay if you are considering more than one option.
- Reference photos are extremely helpful!
- Describe what kind of props (including humans) will be featured in your act. Are there any special considerations for set-up or clean-up?
- We do NOT allow baths or glitter pours. There is a cleaning fee for acts involving sploshing or fake blood.
- Our dress code is a BIG DEAL. Please be sure you’re clear about adhering to it when describing your costume (see performer info page for the rules). Non-compliance will result in a pay deduction and suspension.
You MUST read the performer info page before applying and be prepared to uphold the show guidelines before and during your booking.
If you’re submitting multiple numbers, please use a separate application form for each submission.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CASTING TAKES TIME!
PLEASE DO NOT PANIC IF YOU DON’T HEAR BACK RIGHT AWAY!