Now casting for January-April 2018
All performance spots are paid, plus you keep your tips and get a drink ticket. Call time is 8:30 PM, show at 9:30, and payout at 11:30. Curtain call at the end of the show is required. We expect our performers to behave professionally, and treat the production with respect. Please be sure you can commit fully to the production before submitting a pitch.
You MUST read the performer info page before applying!
Casting application is below the descriptions.
Casting closes around 4 weeks before the show.
Now casting for:
January 9 – Toy Box
Calling all sexy (toy) soldiers, devious dolls, and pervy plushies! We’re putting an adult twist to your favorite childhood playthings.
January 16 – Award Winners
This show is dedicated to performers who have won a pageant or competition. Submit your award-winning acts here!
January 23 – 50 Shades of Country
Yeehaw! We’re gonna queer up country with this show. Seeking acts celebrating country music, Western fashion, and the Southern lifestyle.
January 30 – TOC Vol. 5
Are you a performer of color? Then submit your act here to our 5th Tease of Color show! We’re open to all kind of acts and themes (provided that they are within Tease guidelines).
February 6 – Cirque du So Gay
Contortionists, clowns, sideshow performers, and acrobats– we want you!
February 13 – Kink Tease
Why wait for Valentine’s Day to get kinky? Seeking acts with a fetish element.
February 20 – President’s Tease
We’re celebrating President’s Day with sexy Founding Fathers, satirical lawmakers, sassy justices, and everything else related to politics and the White House.
February 27 – Pirates vs. Ninjas
This show is dedicated to one of the greatest rivalries of all time. We’re looking for pirates of all kinds (sea, air, and even cyberspace) and depictions of ninjas that do not rely on negative stereotypes of Japanese culture.
March 6 – Menage a Tease
Seeking duets and group numbers! Please make sure all members who will be in the show are listed in the submission.
March 13 – The Multiverse Show
Nerds assemble, we’re bringing the SuperWhoLock multiverse to life! All fandoms will be considered, but the focus will be on acts based on Supernatural, Doctor Who, and Sherlock.
March 20 – Diva Tease!
“Diva is a female version of a hustler”… if you’ve got a number paying homage to a badass female singer, then this is the Tease for you!
March 27 – Queer-cation
Since we can’t go abroad for spring break, we’re asking you to bring the vacation to us! We’re looking for acts inspired by traveling and travel destinations.
April 3 – Queer Prom
Here’s your chance to do prom the way you wanted to, whether it’s wearing the gown or tux you weren’t allowed to don or voting for two queens or two kings (or two NB royals). Give us your best prom-inspired numbers.
April 10 – Warped Tease
Looking for acts set to music by bands that played the Vans Warped Tour or related to the pop-punk/emo/skater subculture.
April 17 – Parks and Rec
This show is all about the members of the Pawnee Parks and Recreation Department and their associates.
April 24 – PrivaTease
It’s time to reveal what you do in the privacy of your own home, whether it’s singing into your hairbrush or walking around with no pants on (oh wait, most of us do that on-stage… but you get the gist).
Here’s some additional info about our application form:
This is a very crucial aspect, as we don’t want to have multiple acts with the same song (unless it’s intentional). Please include all the songs you’re using, and the artists name as well.
- Videos are ideal!
- However, if you don’t have one, please describe your act. What kind of act is it? What’s the story? Is it based on an existing character or archetype? Will there be a reveal? What surprises are in there?
- If you are doing classic burlesque or traditional drag, a story isn’t necessary. Just indicate that this is your performance style, and describe your costumes and props.
- Everybody needs to be clear as to how their act fits theme they are submitting to (e.g. we expect fetish elements for a show with “fetish” in the description).
- You don’t need to have the costume completed, but we want to be able to imagine you in your act. What will your costume look like? It’s okay if you are considering more than one option.
- Reference photos are extremely helpful!
- Describe what kind of props (including humans) will be featured in your act. Are there any special considerations for set-up or clean-up?
- We do not allow liquid pours or baths.
- Our dress code is a big deal. Please be sure you’re clear about adhering to it when describing your costume (see performer info page for info)
You MUST read the performer info page before applying, and be prepared to uphold the show guidelines before and during your booking.
If you’re submitting multiple numbers please use a separate application form for each submission.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CASTING TAKES TIME!
PLEASE DO NOT PANIC IF YOU DON’T HEAR BACK RIGHT AWAY!