Now casting for April-August 2018
All performance spots are paid, plus you keep your tips and get a drink ticket. Call time is 8:30 PM, show at 9:30, and payout at 11:30. Curtain call at the end of the show is required. We expect our performers to behave professionally, and treat the production with respect. Please be sure you can commit fully to the production before submitting a pitch.
You MUST read the performer info page before applying!
Casting application is below the descriptions.
Casting closes around 4 weeks before the show.
Now casting for:
April 3 – Queer Prom
Here’s your chance to do prom the way you wanted to, whether it’s wearing the gown or tux you weren’t allowed to don or voting for two queens or two kings (or two NB royals). Give us your best prom-inspired numbers.
April 10 – Warped Tease
Looking for acts set to music by bands that played the Vans Warped Tour or related to the pop-punk/emo/skater subculture.
April 17 – Parks and Rec
This show is all about the members of the Pawnee Parks and Recreation Department and their associates.
April 24 – PrivaTease
It’s time to reveal what you do in the privacy of your own home, whether it’s singing into your hairbrush or walking around with no pants on (oh wait, most of us do that on-stage… but you get the gist).
May 1 – Drinks Tease
We’re serving up a cast of queers paying tribute to their favorite drinks. Bottoms up!
May 8 – Avengers: InfiniTease
Nerdlesquers assemble! We’re assembling our own Avengers and Guardians to celebrate the release of Infinity War Part 1. Also seeking a Thanos.
May 15 – Clowning Around
Give us your clown acts, whether they’re silly, scary, or even sad.
May 22 – Cats vs. Dogs
The ultimate showdown of feline- and canine-inspired performances.
May 29 – Star Wars vs. Star Trek
Tease is settling the biggest nerd debate by giving a spot for Trekkies and Jedis (Sith too) to get their geek on. We’ll consider anything from all Star Wars and Star Trek works.
June 5 – SaboTease Returns!
We’re back with more surprises! You submit your favorite act(s), and we’ll throw random props at you that you MUST incorporate.
June 19 – Boys Boyz Bois
This show honors drag kings, boylesquers, and femmes and NBs who wanna get in touch with their masculine side.
June 26 – Pride
Give us your rainbow numbers, your tributes to queer icons, and anything that celebrates your queerness.
July 3 – Land of the Queers
This land is OUR land so time to bust out the red, white, and blue and show what it means to be a queer living in America. Patriotic or political, we want to see how you interpret the 4th of July.
July 10 – TOC: Racebending
Our 6th all-POC show explores what a black James Bond or an Asian Wonder Woman would be like. We want your racebent characters!
July 17 – Christmas in July
We’re beating the heat by turning Sue’s into the North Pole. Time to dust off those holiday acts!
July 24 – Board Gay-mes
Seeking routines based on board games. You can give us popular classics like Monopoly and Life or more adult-oriented hits like Settlers of Catan.
July 31 – Plushie Tease
Sexy stuffed animals, fabulous furries, and cute kigurumi wearers— this is the show for you! We want anything related to plushies and fuzziness.
August 7 – Harry Potter
A new semester at Hogwarts is about to begin! And if you’ve know where to find Fantastic Beasts, come show us! Any and all acts based on the Harry Potter universe will be considered.
August 14 – Ani-Gay 2.0
We want your tributes to Japanese animation, nothing is too obscure!
August 21 – All You Can Tease Buffet
This show aims to provide a smorgasbord of drag and queerlesque routines based on food. It’s gonna get messy (but we definitely would like some warning)!
August 28 – ActiviTease
Let’s get physical with a show all about sports, the outdoors, and working out. Show off those muscles and get that booty shakin’!
Here’s some additional info about our application form:
This is a very crucial aspect, as we don’t want to have multiple acts with the same song (unless it’s intentional). Please include all the songs you’re using, and the artists name as well.
- Videos are ideal!
- However, if you don’t have one, please describe your act. What kind of act is it? What’s the story? Is it based on an existing character or archetype? Will there be a reveal? What surprises are in there?
- If you are doing classic burlesque or traditional drag, a story isn’t necessary. Just indicate that this is your performance style, and describe your costumes and props.
- Everybody needs to be clear as to how their act fits theme they are submitting to (e.g. we expect fetish elements for a show with “fetish” in the description).
- You don’t need to have the costume completed, but we want to be able to imagine you in your act. What will your costume look like? It’s okay if you are considering more than one option.
- Reference photos are extremely helpful!
- Describe what kind of props (including humans) will be featured in your act. Are there any special considerations for set-up or clean-up?
- We do not allow liquid pours or baths.
- Our dress code is a BIG DEAL. Please be sure you’re clear about adhering to it when describing your costume (see performer info page for the rules). Non-compliance will result in consequences.
You MUST read the performer info page before applying, and be prepared to uphold the show guidelines before and during your booking.
If you’re submitting multiple numbers please use a separate application form for each submission.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CASTING TAKES TIME!
PLEASE DO NOT PANIC IF YOU DON’T HEAR BACK RIGHT AWAY!