Now casting for July 2017
All performance spots are paid, plus you keep your tips and get a drink ticket. Call time for shows is 8:30 pm, show at 9:30, and payout is at 11:30. Curtain call at the end of the show is required. We expect our performers to behave professionally, and treat the production with respect. Please be sure you can commit fully to the production before submitting a pitch.
You MUST read the performer info page before applying!
Casting application is below the descriptions.
Casting closes around 4 weeks before the show.
Now casting for:
July 4 – Independence Gay: Let Your Queer Flag Fly
This show will open with a parade of colors, allowing representatives of various queer identities the chance to literally wave our flags! Then, we’ll have a special night of being loud and proud as we celebrate the independence we’ve achieved and honor the work that still needs to happen.
July 11 – Queer Science: An All-POC Nerdlesque Show
Seeking performers of color with nerdy ideas!
July 20 – GlitterTease/TeaseBomb: Sister Swap!
** Please note that by applying for this show, you are applying for a THURSDAY show in Denton. Ridesharing can be arranged**
This week, we’re SWAPPING PLACES with our sister show in Denton, Glitterbomb! On Tuesday, July 18th, Glitterbomb will be taking over the Tease, and then on Thursday the 20th, we’re taking Tuesday Tease performers on the road to Denton! All act ideas welcome.
(If you frequently perform in Glitterbomb shows, you are not eligible for this show)
July 25 – It’s Getting Haute in Here: So Tease Off All Your Clothes
This Tease will be focused on haute couture, high fashion, and unusual styles.
Here’s some additional info about our application form:
This is a very crucial aspect, as we don’t want to have multiple acts with the same song (unless it’s intentional). Please include all the songs you’re using, and the artists name as well.
- Videos are ideal!
- However, if you don’t have one, please describe your act. What kind of act is it? What’s the story? Is it based on an existing character or archetype? Will there be a reveal? What surprises are in there?
- If you are doing classic burlesque or traditional drag, a story isn’t necessary. Just indicate that this is your performance style, and describe your costumes and props.
- Everybody needs to be clear as to how their act fits theme they are submitting to (e.g. we expect fetish elements for a show with “fetish” in the description).
- You don’t need to have the costume completed, but we want to be able to imagine you in your act. What will your costume look like? It’s okay if you are considering more than one option.
- Reference photos are extremely helpful!
- Describe what kind of props (including humans) will be featured in your act. Are there any special considerations for set-up or clean-up?
- We do not allow liquid pours or baths.
- Our dress code is a big deal. Please be sure you’re clear about adhering to it when describing your costume (see performer info page for info)
You MUST read the performer info page before applying, and be prepared to uphold the show guidelines before and during your booking.
If you’re submitting multiple numbers please use a separate application form for each submission.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CASTING TAKES TIME!
PLEASE DO NOT PANIC IF YOU DON’T HEAR BACK RIGHT AWAY!