Now casting for our Winter 2019 season!
All performance spots are paid, plus you keep your tips and get a drink ticket. Call time is 8:30 PM, show at 9:30, and payout at 11:30. Curtain call at the end of the show is required. We expect our performers to behave professionally and treat the production with respect. Please be sure you can commit fully to the production before submitting a pitch.
You MUST read the performer info page before applying!
Casting application is below the descriptions.
Casting closes around 3 weeks before the show.
December 3 – One Track Tease: Repeated
*Song TBA* We’re bringing back the show that features multiple versions of the same song to highlight that even the most cliché of music choices can bring unique interpretations.
December 10 – Gems and Thems: a Non-binary Showcase
Enbies, it’s time to get glamorous! We want your sparkliest, most classic numbers for this show. Steven Universe-inspired routines are also acceptable!
December 17 – Nerd Girl Love
We’re having a geek girl gathering for Hana Li’s birthday show. While all nerdlesque will be considered, we definitely want numbers about being a nerdy femme. Show us your most adorkable self!
December 24 – Homo for the Holidays
Help Sue Ellen’s provide a sense of community this Christmas Eve with acts that celebrate the holidays or just bring the warm fuzzies.
Here’s some additional info about our application form:
This is a very crucial aspect, as we don’t want to have multiple acts with the same song (unless it’s intentional). Please include all the songs you’re using, and the artists name as well.
- Videos are ideal!
- However, if you don’t have one, please describe your act. What kind of act is it? What’s the story? Is it based on an existing character or archetype? Will there be a reveal? What surprises are in there?
- If you are doing classic burlesque or traditional drag, a story isn’t necessary. Just indicate that this is your performance style, and describe your costumes and props.
- Everybody needs to be clear as to how their act fits theme they are submitting to (e.g. we expect fetish elements for a show with “fetish” in the description).
- You don’t need to have the costume completed, but we want to be able to imagine you in your act. What will your costume look like? It’s okay if you are considering more than one option.
- Reference photos are extremely helpful!
- Describe what kind of props (including humans) will be featured in your act. Are there any special considerations for set-up or clean-up?
- We do NOT allow baths or glitter pours. There is a cleaning fee for acts involving sploshing or fake blood.
- Our dress code is a BIG DEAL. Please be sure you’re clear about adhering to it when describing your costume (see performer info page for the rules). Non-compliance will result in a pay deduction and suspension.
You MUST read the performer info page before applying and be prepared to uphold the show guidelines before and during your booking.
If you’re submitting multiple numbers, please use a separate application form for each submission.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CASTING TAKES TIME!
PLEASE DO NOT PANIC IF YOU DON’T HEAR BACK RIGHT AWAY!