Now casting for August-December 2017
All performance spots are paid, plus you keep your tips and get a drink ticket. Call time for shows is 8:30 pm, show at 9:30, and payout is at 11:30. Curtain call at the end of the show is required. We expect our performers to behave professionally, and treat the production with respect. Please be sure you can commit fully to the production before submitting a pitch.
You MUST read the performer info page before applying!
Casting application is below the descriptions.
Casting closes around 4 weeks before the show.
Now casting for:
Aug 22 – The Spy Who Teased Me
We’re looking for spy numbers and famous spy villains. CIA, Austin Powers, James Bond, Bonds companions… give us your best secret agent.
This show is only open to performers who have won city, state, regional, and/or national titles in their craft (drag, burlesque, pole, etc.).
We’re honoring animated characters from Japan. No series is too obscure but please keep in mind our rules about cultural appropriation (please consult this page for more information: http://thisisnotjapan.tumblr.com/post/39701055486/faq ).
Queerlesque performed to beautiful jazz standards!
We’re looking for numbers related to cars, motorcycles, BMX, high-speed boats, and other fast vehicles. Give us some NASCAR, Top Gear, checkered flags, and racing icons.
Zombie Ariel! Vampire Snow White! Ghoulish Gaston! Our undead twist on Disney characters!
Calling all acts inspired by horror fiction! Give us your tributes to classics like Frankenstein and Carmilla, throwbacks to Goosebumps and Scary Stories, or even a queer take on Twilight.
Send us your favorite scary movie characters and ideas!
This week is all horror TV shows and spooky campfire stories… Are You Afraid of the Dark?, American Horror Story, Bates Motel, Tales from the Crypt, and more!
Celebrate Halloween with us! Come stag or bring a date (or 2 or 3) and dance the night away in our first Halloween Prom with spotlight performances. There will also be a canned food drive, costume contest, and crowning of our Spooky Ooky Prom King and Queen.
Cuddle up with us as we create pajama-clad performances!
We want to honor the trailblazers and legends in this all-POC show. Whether they’ve made an impact on history, pop culture, or even fiction, we want to see your heroes.
We will be lip syncing for our LIVES in an epic live battle!
Give us pride numbers of all kinds, colorful acts, or routines that express the joy of self expression.
Grab your bell bottoms and strap on your platforms and boogie on down with us!
Time to switch things up and get out of your comfort zone! If you do drag, try some burlesque. If you’re a slow, sensual dancer, shimmy the night away. Have you wanted to bring a different side out? Now’s your chance!
Hot under the collar or feeling super chill? This Tease has got you covered with fire- and ice-themed performances!
Submit your favorite number and be prepared to incorporate a surprise gift prop.
Here’s some additional info about our application form:
This is a very crucial aspect, as we don’t want to have multiple acts with the same song (unless it’s intentional). Please include all the songs you’re using, and the artists name as well.
- Videos are ideal!
- However, if you don’t have one, please describe your act. What kind of act is it? What’s the story? Is it based on an existing character or archetype? Will there be a reveal? What surprises are in there?
- If you are doing classic burlesque or traditional drag, a story isn’t necessary. Just indicate that this is your performance style, and describe your costumes and props.
- Everybody needs to be clear as to how their act fits theme they are submitting to (e.g. we expect fetish elements for a show with “fetish” in the description).
- You don’t need to have the costume completed, but we want to be able to imagine you in your act. What will your costume look like? It’s okay if you are considering more than one option.
- Reference photos are extremely helpful!
- Describe what kind of props (including humans) will be featured in your act. Are there any special considerations for set-up or clean-up?
- We do not allow liquid pours or baths.
- Our dress code is a big deal. Please be sure you’re clear about adhering to it when describing your costume (see performer info page for info)
You MUST read the performer info page before applying, and be prepared to uphold the show guidelines before and during your booking.
If you’re submitting multiple numbers please use a separate application form for each submission.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CASTING TAKES TIME!
PLEASE DO NOT PANIC IF YOU DON’T HEAR BACK RIGHT AWAY!