Now casting for July-August 2018
All performance spots are paid, plus you keep your tips and get a drink ticket. Call time is 8:30 PM, show at 9:30, and payout at 11:30. Curtain call at the end of the show is required. We expect our performers to behave professionally, and treat the production with respect. Please be sure you can commit fully to the production before submitting a pitch.
You MUST read the performer info page before applying!
Casting application is below the descriptions.
Casting closes around 4 weeks before the show.
Now casting for:
July 17 – Christmas in July
We’re beating the heat by turning Sue’s into the North Pole. Time to dust off those holiday acts!
July 24 – Board Gay-mes
Seeking routines based on board games. You can give us popular classics like Monopoly and Life or more adult-oriented hits like Settlers of Catan.
July 31 – Plushie Tease
Sexy stuffed animals, fabulous furries, and cute kigurumi wearers— this is the show for you! We want anything related to plushies and fuzz.
August 7 – Harry Potter
A new semester at Hogwarts is about to begin! And if you’ve know where to find Fantastic Beasts, come show us! Any and all acts based on the Harry Potter universe will be considered.
August 14 – Ani-Gay 2.0
We want your tributes to Japanese animation, nothing is too obscure!
August 21 – All You Can Tease Buffet
This show aims to provide a smorgasbord of drag and queerlesque routines based on food. It’s gonna get messy (but we definitely would like some warning)!
August 28 – ActiviTease
Let’s get physical with a show all about sports, the outdoors, and working out. Show off those muscles and get that booty shakin’!
Here’s some additional info about our application form:
This is a very crucial aspect, as we don’t want to have multiple acts with the same song (unless it’s intentional). Please include all the songs you’re using, and the artists name as well.
- Videos are ideal!
- However, if you don’t have one, please describe your act. What kind of act is it? What’s the story? Is it based on an existing character or archetype? Will there be a reveal? What surprises are in there?
- If you are doing classic burlesque or traditional drag, a story isn’t necessary. Just indicate that this is your performance style, and describe your costumes and props.
- Everybody needs to be clear as to how their act fits theme they are submitting to (e.g. we expect fetish elements for a show with “fetish” in the description).
- You don’t need to have the costume completed, but we want to be able to imagine you in your act. What will your costume look like? It’s okay if you are considering more than one option.
- Reference photos are extremely helpful!
- Describe what kind of props (including humans) will be featured in your act. Are there any special considerations for set-up or clean-up?
- We do not allow liquid pours or baths.
- Our dress code is a BIG DEAL. Please be sure you’re clear about adhering to it when describing your costume (see performer info page for the rules). Non-compliance will result in consequences.
You MUST read the performer info page before applying, and be prepared to uphold the show guidelines before and during your booking.
If you’re submitting multiple numbers please use a separate application form for each submission.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CASTING TAKES TIME!
PLEASE DO NOT PANIC IF YOU DON’T HEAR BACK RIGHT AWAY!