Now casting for Summer 2019!
All performance spots are paid, plus you keep your tips and get a drink ticket. Call time is 8:30 PM, show at 9:30, and payout at 11:30. Curtain call at the end of the show is required. We expect our performers to behave professionally and treat the production with respect. Please be sure you can commit fully to the production before submitting a pitch.
You MUST read the performer info page before applying!
Casting application is below the descriptions.
Casting closes around 3 weeks before the show.
July 16 – The MacGAYver Show
Do you consider yourself a MacGuyver of Queerlesque? Then apply here. Between June 25 and July 2, accepted performers will receive a bag of miscellaneous items. It is up to you to make a costume piece or prop from those supplies. Audience will judge and the top three will get prizes!
July 23 – Rumble Tease: Kings vs. Queens
Drag kings and drag queens will be paired off and assigned masculine and feminine versions of the same song for a battle royale. Songs TBD but you can make suggestions in your application.
July 30 – Princesses of Color Ball
Our POC femme showcase is seeking acts inspired by royal women, fictional and real-life.
August 6 – Riot Grrrl Revue: a Femme Punk Show
Calling all rebel femmes! Bring us your best acts to punk artists or riot grrrl looks.
August 13 – The Future is Queer: a Sci-fi Tease
What will life be like for queers 100 years down the road? Will be battle-ready survivors in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, time-traveling pansexuals in space, or cyborg strippers in a neo-noir city? Your acts can be based on a sci-fi work or an original creation.
August 20 – Tease for All Seasons
Spring, summer, fall, and winter— Dallas may not be so great about giving each season its equal share, but we will! Send us numbers with imagery and colors from one of the seasons.
August 27 – Showpony Showcase: a Trans Pride Tease
This Tease will feature all trans-identified individuals. Dazzle us and show us your trans pride!
Here’s some additional info about our application form:
This is a very crucial aspect, as we don’t want to have multiple acts with the same song (unless it’s intentional). Please include all the songs you’re using, and the artists name as well.
- Videos are ideal!
- However, if you don’t have one, please describe your act. What kind of act is it? What’s the story? Is it based on an existing character or archetype? Will there be a reveal? What surprises are in there?
- If you are doing classic burlesque or traditional drag, a story isn’t necessary. Just indicate that this is your performance style, and describe your costumes and props.
- Everybody needs to be clear as to how their act fits theme they are submitting to (e.g. we expect fetish elements for a show with “fetish” in the description).
- You don’t need to have the costume completed, but we want to be able to imagine you in your act. What will your costume look like? It’s okay if you are considering more than one option.
- Reference photos are extremely helpful!
- Describe what kind of props (including humans) will be featured in your act. Are there any special considerations for set-up or clean-up?
- We do NOT allow baths or glitter pours. There is a cleaning fee for acts involving sploshing or fake blood.
- Our dress code is a BIG DEAL. Please be sure you’re clear about adhering to it when describing your costume (see performer info page for the rules). Non-compliance will result in a pay deduction and suspension.
You MUST read the performer info page before applying, and be prepared to uphold the show guidelines before and during your booking.
If you’re submitting multiple numbers please use a separate application form for each submission.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CASTING TAKES TIME!
PLEASE DO NOT PANIC IF YOU DON’T HEAR BACK RIGHT AWAY!